North Fambridge Yacht Club is set in a beautiful location approximately 11 miles inland on the River Crouch and comprises of members who keep yachts either at Westwick Marina or on the river moorings.
NFYC is a small but very friendly club with a packed series of races, rallies and social events all the way throughout the year.
The Club was established in 1898 by our founder member Francis B. Cooke who soon established the Essex 17ft Class and won many races in his own dingy Coryphee. The tradition continues today with our active race program, although the yachts are larger and considerably more comfortable!
The Clubhouse has an interesting history built as part of Brunel’s modular field hospital for the Crimean war and later shipped to Fambridge where it still proudly stands. You can read more about its history on this website.
Fambridge Yacht Havens provides a weekend launch service between the pontoon and river moorings during summer between 07.00 – 18.00. They also will pay the annual club joining fee for new members for the first year.
A very warm welcome to our Club website. By way of introduction , there has been a yacht club here since 1898, with a location on the River Crouch some 11 miles from the sea. The Clubhouse is an historic building actually over the River, designed by Brunel, the brilliant Victorian engineer, about 1850.
This elegant stilted structure (a "flatpack" before IKEA) was intended to be shipped to the Crimea to provide hospitals for the Troops. Many such structures sent by sea for assembly near the battlefield, it is not known whether this building made the trip.
Brian Dalby, Commodore 2014